Health of our community is paramount if we are to achieve any agenda for the county. Currently we have a number of health facilities which are catering for our community. If we build our roads then we need to revamp the health institutions as follows:-
- Increase the number of fully equipped hospitals.
- Equip the current medical institutions and;
- Partner with other counties to increase the number of specialized clinics.
- Promote preventive measures by observing proper sanitation.
|Health and Education Outcomes||%|
|Fully – immunized pop <1 yr (%, 2010/2011)||53.2|
|Malaria ( as % of all 1st patient visits)||8.2|
|TB in every 10,000 people (2009/10)||12|
|HIV + ante – natal care clients (%, 2010)||2.3|
|Population with primary education (%)||72.5|
|Population with secondary education (%)||11.4|
Measures to improve access to health care facilities in the county are:-
- Every village to have dispensary with at least a clinical officer to prescribe drugs.
- Every ward should have an ambulance to facilitate movement of casualties/patients to the health centres.
- Partner with the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) to help the residents pay their medical bills or create a medical fund where they are able to make contributions, which enable them pay their medical expenses.
- Sufficient supply of drugs and equipments in the already esisting facilities.
- Presence of a medical facility to offer maternity services in every ward to reduce infant mortality rates and birth – related complications.
- Source through cost effective method quality drugs for our health facilities.
- Establish a viable social health insurance for all county residents.